GIFT idea for the whole family!
Recipe – Bacon Tart
2 lb of bacon
8 medium standard baking potatoes
8 oz aged cheddar cheese, grated
pepper (salt is optional but remember, bacon is already salted)
optional: fresh rosemary
- Using an oven-proof frying pan, layer the bacon in a spiral so that alternating pieces are in the center, then the next pulled back about an inch so the center doesn’t get too thick.
- Slice the potatoes thinly as possible, into disks.
- Create a ring of potatoes slices around the outer edge, and then fill in the center.
- Sprinkle with pepper and rosemary.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Repeat steps 3-5 to create four complete layers of potatoes and cheddar.
- Fold the strips of bacon into the center, covering the tart.
- Place a small oven-proof lid on top of the tart to stop the bacon edges from curling during cooking.
- Place the frying pan on a cookie sheet to catch the bacon grease as the tart cooks.
- Bake the Bacon Tart at 350°F for 20 minutes. Then raise to 400°F and bake for another 20 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Drain the rendered fat from the pan.
- Place a serving dish over the tart and using a towel or potholder to protect your hand, flip the tart over onto the plate.
About the Author Trish
Given my passion for genealogy, is it any wonder that I eventually wanted to publish my work? Learning to use a personal computer was a natural step once I was introduced it in the 1990s. Then the internet offered a second means to "publish" and now, here I am with a personal blog.